Sunday, November 1, 2009

Progress With Parkinsons Update

Where do I begin..It's almost been 5 yrs since diagnosis. I'm still not on drugs but have an appointmennt Dec. 3 with a new neurologist to begin drugs. It's time. My regimine right now is stress management, diet and exercise. I still drive, fix meals, do chores. But all physical movement as was before is slow now. I'm not on auto pilot any longer and actually have to think about all movement. It's exhausting somewhat but I like the challenge of devising different strategies for doing different things. It reminds me of flying in a way. I never realized how magnificant the brain is for allowing me to do the physical things I did before without great effort. Now I'm super thankful for each and every intricate movement my body does. Like it's a big deal for me to handwrite. Typing is sloth speed. Dressing is ridiculously slow. I freeze in my steps alot inside the house but outside I walk pretty normal. Balance sucks. I do qi gung and yoga for that. Weights help alot. Yep, I'm reaady for meds alright !

1 comment:

Nancy Ludlam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.